Although the monastery is located outside, it has good public transport connections!
Adress: Nienburger Bruch 10, 31629 Estorf
- To Nienburg (Weser) coming from the B6, B 215 or B 214
- Nienburg is also located between the A1, A7 and A2 motorways
- From Nienburg to the Berliner Ring/B215 direction (south-west) Estorf, Landesbergen, Stolzenau
- After a few kilometres turn left onto the forest road, then right and left again to stay on the forest road.
- Turn left onto Nienburger Bruch
- From all directions: On the Nienburger Bruch at the bus stop, turn onto the asphalted narrow path between the fields to reach the Nienburger Bruch 10. The farm is situated in the middle of the clearing, in the middle of three farms.
- Attention, do not confuse with “Nienburger Straße” in Sulingen, the “Nienburger Bruchweg” in Nienburg or the “Bruchstraße” in Leeseringen.
by public transport
- The timetable can be found under this link
- Via train to “Nienburg (Weser) Bahnhof” (railway station)
- From there take bus no. 6 towards Leeseringen
- In some cases the bus only runs on order, which has to be placed by phone (only Mo-Fr 7.30-15am possible!), as shown in the link above. In most cases a chauffeur service, sometimes also a taxi, comes, but at the normal rate indicated on the website.
- Place: “Estorf” (postal only, since the stop is geographically closer to Leeseringen)
- Get off at the bus stop “Nienburger Bruch”
- The Lilienhof can be reached in a few hundred meters from there via a paved path. To reach the Nienburger Bruch, turn at the bus stop to the path between the fields to reach the Nienburger Bruch 10. The farm is situated in the middle of the clearing, in the middle of three farms.
- Attention: There are no buses on weekends. Not to be confused with bus number 60 and the bus stop “Leeseringen-Bruchstraße” or the “Nienburger Bruchweg” in Nienburg.
- Closest alternative stops: “Leeseringen/Mitte” (bus 60) or “Nienburg (Weser)/Schäferhof” (bus 60). From there, only main roads lead to the Nienburger Bruch without an additional path for walking.
If the bus doesn’t run, the retreat group can share a taxi. The cost is about 18-25€ for a ride to the Nienburg train station.